· 适应性与灵活性– 能够灵活应对工作中的变化
· 客户服务 - 能够恰当得回应客户的要求
· 有效的互动沟通– 重视与他人的沟通交流
· 主动性– 能够了解当前情况并解决当前的问题
· 判断力– 具有基本的判断力
· 团队合作 - 能够完成份内工作并与团队合作
Position Title: BEJING – Maintenance Technician, GS-06
Closing Date: May 26, 2019 at 16:00 pm (GMT+8)
We are pleased to announce the launch an anticipatory competition to staff the positions of Maintenance Technician, GS-06, Property Section within theEmbassy of Canada in Beijing.
Please find the detailed Job Poster attached.
Employees who meet the essential qualifications as specified in the Statement of Merit Criteria are encouraged to submit an application. Please inform anyone who might be interested in this opportunity.
Questions regarding the competition should be referred to ChinaHR Recruitment:
Beijing – Maintenance Technician GS-06
Position Title: Maintenance Technician, GS-06
Closing Date: May 26, 2019 at 16:00 pm (GMT+8)
Starting Annual Gross Salary: Approx. 91,265 RMB (before tax and employee social insurance contributions; 13th month bonus and employer social insurance contributions are paid on top of the gross salary; salary is non-negotiable)
Area of Selection:
This position is open to external applicants residing in China and employees occupying an indeterminate or term position in China Missions who meet all of the essential qualifications and whose applications are received by the closing date. Short-listed candidates should be able to participate intests and/or interviews in Beijing at own expense. The successful candidate will be required to relocate to Beijing at own expense.
Summary of duties
Under the direction of the Housing Maintenance Advisor, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for thecompletion of general repairs in one or more of the following areas:electrical, plumbing, carpentry, masonry and painting and specific functional maintenance (such as refrigeration, heating, ventilation and air conditioning, boiler operations, auto/vehicle mechanics, audio-visual) duties and schedulesfor all mission and/or crown owned or leased assets and equipment.
The incumbent must also assist with preparing preventive maintenance programs as required, and assist other Maintenance Team members in the completion of various projects outside their area of expertise.
The incumbent is also required to inspect work performed by contractors to ensure compliance with manufacturer’s specifications, and consult their supervisor when required.
· Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent and/or on the job training intechnical areas such as electrical, plumbing, carpentry, etc.
· Proficiency in Mandarin (reading, writing andspeaking)
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience in general construction or maintenance works applicable to buildings intechnical areas such as electrical, plumbing, carpentry, masonry, appliance repairs, ect.
· Knowledge of construction and maintenance hand tools and general shop power tools
· Knowledge of construction work sites safety course(s) or equivalent
· Knowledge of blueprint reading
· Ability to solve technical problems and make suggestions
· Ability to work under a heavy workload and highly stressful situations
· Ability to work in very hot weather and to move heavy objects
· Adaptability and Flexibility – Accepts needfor flexibility
· Client Focus – Responds appropriately
· Effective Interactive Communication – Paysattention to the communication
· Initiative – Addresses current opportunitiesor problems
· Judgement – Basic Thinking
· Teamwork and Cooperation – Cooperates and does own share of work. Works well with others
Preferred standing may be given to those candidates who also meet the following:
· Proficiency in English (reading, writing,speaking)
· Knowledge of Workplace Hazardous Industrial Material Inventory System (WHIMIS)
· General knowledge of working environment of Embassy
Conditions of Employment
· Ability to obtain and maintain a validworking authorization in China. Per Chinese regulations, the Embassy /Consulates can only facilitate working visas for Canadian citizens
· Ability to obtain and maintain a valid “Reliability Status” security clearance
· Ability and willingness to work overtime on short notice as required.
How to Apply
An eligibility list may be established from this process to staff potential vacancies that may arise within this domain on indeterminate, term or Emergency basis.
Wethank all applicants for their interest, but only those invited to further assessment will be contacted. Please ensure that you provide appropriate contact information so that you can be easily reached (e-mail, phone, mobile,etc.)
The Government of Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds irrespective of race, color, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.
The Government of Canada is alsocommitted to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and workenvironments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, you should advise us in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.