ORGANISATION: British Columbia Trade and Investment Office– East China
LOCATION: Shanghai, China
POSITION: Program Assistant
REPORTS TO: Director, Shanghai
STARTING FROM: March 1, 2019
British Columbia Trade and Investment Representative Office (BCTIR) represents the Canadian province of British Columbia, Canada in trade, investment promotionand economic development with stakeholders in the China. Aligned with the BC provincial Ministry of Jobs, Trade & Technology BCTIR is responsible for contributing to a strongprovincial economy that supports job creation and maximizes economic opportunities for citizens throughout British Columbia.
BCTIR advances British Columbia’s global leadership inadvanced industries including LNG development, green technology, advanced manufacturing, aerospace, resources and extractive industries such as mining,forestry and agri-food. Other keysectors and activities include education, tourism and life science.
For more information please refer to the following URL: http://www.britishcolumbia.ca
The Program Assistant will undertake activities to manage the preparation of correspondence, financial reporting and various program, mission and administrative requirements related to supporting the BCTIR Shanghai office.
This position will contribute and participate in the successful deliveryof important trade and investment tradeshows and government missions, as wellas core performance metrics established for BCTIR. The role is accountable for the facilitation and support of strategic investment and trade leads, marketplace intelligence, partnering opportunities as well as commercial and governmental relationship development and management, investment promotion and public affairs.
• Supporting the Director’s work to facilitate bilateral commercial,institutional, trade and investment relations between British Columbia and East China stakeholders.
• Undertaking activities to manage the preparation of correspondence, meeting minutes, financial reporting and various administrative requirements related to supporting for office operations
• Responsible for the oversight of day-to-day Shanghai office administrative operations and coordinates accounting and other financial matters.
• Support in major trade and investment events in East China as well asacross-China together with other China offices.
• Plays a key role in preparation of BC outbound business and governmental missions to East China including logistics, planning, communications and information technology.
• Manage the expense reports, billing and invoicing needs for the office.
Skills & Experience:
• Minimum 2 years of progressively responsible experience in the privateor public sectors in China.
• Experience in administrative-related areas such as procurement, finance, budget, human resources, communications and information technology, is desirable. Prior experience in supporting international business and government missions is highly desirable.
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese with excellent presentation, reporting and communications skills. Proficient with all office software.
• Must have a good understanding of business practices in China. Established network of commercial and government contacts and industry specific organizations is desired, but not required
• Mature self-starter with initiative and prioritization skills. Outgoing intuitive personality with demonstrable teamwork experience.
• University graduate in international relations, business administration, finance or economics or related field.
Candidates interested in this opportunity should send their CV and coverletter to
with the email subject heading as “Program Assistant – [YOUR NAME]”.
Successful applicants will be invited for an interview.